EU Settlement Scheme: employees with settlement status

Migrate UK has flagged up an important update for those with pre-settled and settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

EU citizens can apply for settled status to remain in the UK. When making the application they had to register a passport/ID card as proof of identity. Jonathan Beech, Managing Director at Migrate UK, has flagged that if the individual is travelling on a different ID, e.g. a new passport or ID card, then that won’t be recognised by Border Control when they come back into the UK. The system seems to be unable to easily link the person with the details they’ve registered under so there could be delays/questions when they come back. The way to avoid this is to ensure that their account with UKVI is up to date and shows all ID cards/passports they might travel under. Here are the details:

When travelling to or from the UK, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) are recommending you travel using the document you used to apply to the EUSS. If you are travelling on a different document, then you should update your UKVI account to add that document. You can do this by either using the Update your UK Visas and Immigration account details service or by signing-in and using the update details function of the View and Prove Your Immigration Service.